How to Get Six Pack Abs!

Share

Question: Should I do more ab exercises to get that six pack look? What is the best time to train?
Answer: It has long been known that doing ab exercises alone will not build a six pack. Granted the exercises will build the muscles underneath the fat but you need big body movements to excite your metabolism and burn calories. Researchers at Southern Illinois University did an experiment with people doing 14 sets of ab exercises 5 days a week. They did this for 6 weeks. They had measured participants belly fat at the beginning of the experiment. At the end, they had not lost any belly fat or changed their waistline at all.
If you want a smaller waistline and crisp abs then you need to engage large muscle groups with exercises like squats, cleans, dead lifts and lunges to name a few. Also, you need to follow the 80/20 rule for healthy eating. 80% of the time eat clean. The other 20% you can have a light cheat. Do cardio at least 3 to 4 days a week for an additional 20 to 30 minutes to burn more calories, exciting your metabolic system even further. Finally, drink water at least 64 ounces of water daily, not diet soda or Crystal Light.
The best time to train is the time that suits you best. If you are a morning person and can make your schedule work then train in the morning. If your schedule is more suited to afternoon or evening, that’s the best time for you. Your best time to train is what works best for you. Working out at a time that is inconvenient won’t work for long.
God bless and keep training,
Daryl

Share