A Lack of Commitment is Stopping Your Success…

Share

Question: I work out almost every day doing either weights, cardio or both. Still, I can’t seem to really lose much fat. What am I doing wrong? I eat OK most of the time and I try to watching my alcohol consumption during the week but I will admit it goes up on the weekends. What else can I do to get rid of some fat?
Answer: To be successful with your training program there are four areas that must be addressed with the equal effort and planning that goes into your workouts. Just a few weeks ago the headline of this column was Getting More Out of Your Workouts which was basically saying “you can’t out train a bad diet”, but the bad diet is still only a symptom of what is stopping your success. Simply stated it’s a lack of commitment.
The 70% of the population that is overweight thinks their problem is that working out requires too much time and is too painful to maintain for the time necessary to see results. For them it’s just easier to do nothing except complain about the health issues they have.
For people like yourself the training is fun and challenging and it is an activity that you have worked into your lifestyle. A health and fitness oriented lifestyle that reaps benefits requires more commitment.
The four steps to success include weight training to build muscle. Your muscles require energy and burn calories like a furnace.
You need cardio to strengthen your heart and pulmonary capacity.
You need water, at least 64 ounces a day which filters waste and toxins out of your body.
The final one is that you have to commit to an 80/20 diet plan. That’s 80% of the time you eat healthy, planned meals. The other 20% you may cheat. The easiest way to plan this is Monday through Friday you eat clean Saturday and Sunday you can loosen up a bit It also requires less alcohol. It’s not necessary to eliminate it but it is necessary to control it.
It’s odd, but you’ll find if you do commit to being healthy many of the people you associate with will think you do need to be committed.
God bless and keep training,
Daryl

Share