Question: I have a home gym set up in my garage which I includes a pullup/ab chair/ dip apparatus. I have a set of adjustable dumbbells and a flat bench. What would be the best upper body routine, chest and back to follow with those pieces?
Answer:Try this home equipment workout:
- Start your workout with Knee Raises for 3 sets of 15 reps. Alternate each set with Cross bench Sit-ups for 3 sets of 15 reps also.
- For the sit-ups lie on the floor with your calves across the bench. Hook your heels on the bench and sit up touching your chest to your knees.
- Your next exercise mash-up is Pull-ups and Dips. Attempt 8 to 10 Pull-ups,alternating with a sets of Dips for 10 reps. Blast through 3 sets of each of those.
- Your next superset combines alternating sets of Double Dumbbell Rows with Dumbbell Bench Presses. The bench presses are self explanatory and the rows are performed by holding a dumbbell in each hand. Lift your ribcage so your posture is aligned. Squat down until the dumbbells are level with your knees. Pop your hips out to the rear and pull the dumbbells to your midsection. You will pull 10 rows and 10 presses for 3 sets.
- You can finish with Push-up/Rows. If your dumbbells are hex shaped or square, then place them on the floor. Perform a push-up while gripping the dumbbells. After each push-up do a dumbbell row,maintaining your plank position. Do a row with your right hand and then push-up again. Do a town with your left hand and then a push. Continue until you complete 10 push-ups and 5 rows on each arm. It is a nasty exercise. You’ll love it.
That should get you started.
The equipment you possess is a fine way to workout.
God bless and keep training,